Thursday, April 28, 2005

I just ordered the palmOne Tungsten E Monday. Waiting for it has been like waiting for Christmas. I haven't bought myself a new gadget in a long time. I have obsessed over the delivery, tracking the package on the FedEx website. (Yes, I'm a dork.) I even calculated the amount of time it would take it to leave Memphis, TN (the origination point) to Atlanta. And what do ya know, it made it the time I calculated.

But then I got a blow yesterday when I got home from work to find a sticker on my door from FedEx. Supposedly they wouldn't leave it since no one was there. GEEZ! Who has time to stay home and wait for the FedEx man to arrive. So last night I signed the sticker and posted a note on my door instructing the delivery person to LEAVE the package at the door.

Of course this still didn't satisfy my anticipation. So I drove home during lunch (only about 15min.) to see if my new Tungsten E was there.....of course not. I even waited. Sorted through yesterday's mail. Read 3 credit card offers and a "You've-Won- A-Car-Come-Pick-It-Up" offer. No knock at the door. No package. It feels like the day after Christmas and I STILL don't have what I asked for.

Now I'll have to wait until after work.

No comments: