Saturday, May 21, 2005

Brick Store Pub

After spending the entire day on Lake Lanier with some friends and their new boat, I dragged Jeffrey out to a new restaraunt in Decatur. Well, a new restaraunt for us. We so easily fall into a rut when its time to go out to eat. The conversation goes something like this.

John: "So where do you want to go?"
Jeffrey: "I don't know where do you want to go?"
John: "What are you in the mood for?"
Jeffrey: "I don't know. What are you in the mood for?"
John: "I chose last time."
etc.
etc.
etc.

And of course the inevitable happens, we start listing off our regular places. In the end we go to one of two places. We're not terribly exciting about our going out to eat choices.

But tonight, we added a new place to our repertoire. I had heard about the Brick Store Pub several weeks back. And I'm quite fond of dark, earthy pub-like restaraunts. This one certainly fit the bill. The food was hearty, pub food. The setting was nice low light with plenty of nooks and crannies to hide in. When the hostess sat us in a small room within 2 feet of two other two-tops and three feet behind a 4 top (all full) I first thought this was going to be horrible. We would hear everyone's conversations and vice versa. I get uptight when I think others can overhear my conversation. But surprisingly it didn't seem so bad afterall.

The menu was very extensive on the beers. They just opened a Belgian Beer bar with about a dozen beers on tap and over a hundred bottled beers. It was truely overwhelming (but in a good way).

After a satisfying meal and beers, we headed out to the town square where the Saturday evening concert was taking place. Decatur, fondly referred to as Dyke-catur, is a refreshingly progressive small bedroom community to Atlanta. It was pleasant to see gay couples comfortably walking around the town square. I love living in this area.

No comments: